Old 02-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
jr4284
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 192336
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 STiPad
WRB

Yeah a lot of people aren't really informed ITT. Or just seethe general apple hate. The "can't MMS" argument just makes you look ignorant from so many standpoints. I'm more interested in software version 2 than hardware version 2. It's been long rumored that iPhone 4.0 software (due out summerish?) will enable multitasking.

The beautiful thing is that the 3G chip is SOFTWARE ENABLED. How long until that gets hacked and any jailbroken iPad can get unlimited access? Or if it checks for ID before allowing you on the network, how long until we can tether our iPhone (already w/ the data plan) over BlueTooth and use its internet?

Watching the keynote, my first thoughts were similar to many stated here. "No place for it." "Why wouldn't I just get a laptop?" "Why wouldn't I just use the iPhone?"

The iPad isn't supposed to be a netbook. It isn't supposed to be a laptop. It isn't supposed to be an iPhone.

Start thinking of it like a piece of paper. A digital, interactive, musical piece of paper. Hell, look at some "futuristic" movies and the iPad is a large step in that direction.

And the cost is really, really great. Cannot stress that enough. Take a quick look into the carputer world (www.mp3car.com is a good place to start), and you'll see how much utility this provides for such a low price.

If I can figure out where to relocate the HVAC controls, I'm doing this.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jr4284 is offline   Reply With Quote