Scooby Newbie

Member#: 54910
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2003 BAJA Classic
Silver/Silver/& uh Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev m View Post
Why can't you accept that REALITY is not always what you are told.

But honestly, this is just a theoretical discussion of what the actual capability of the vehicle might be.

That statement seems to contradict itself, but I believe the specs say 2400 max Baja NA or Turbo with trailer brakes. Is that what you meant?

Was the Baja sold outside the US? If it was I'm still curious as to it's tow ratings there. Same question for the same generation Outback/Legacy chassis.
whatever, my reality is what i would be sued for if i chose to exceed the recommendation set by subaru and i took out someone because the hitch bolts pulled though the frame. theoretical the capability of your wallet may be greater. last point however is this, if the h6 outback could tow more it would be rated for more but it isn't, same frame= same towing regaurdless of engine.

and no it doesnt condradict its self i just didnt think i had to explain everything to the nth degree. but sence you did, you just made the point clearer, turbo or na, 2000 max without brakes 2400 max with brakes engine doesnt matter same frame= same towing.

i appologize to the original poster this has gone too far. this should get us back on track.

yea H6 that would be killer especially if you turbo/ supercharge it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
speedymatt is offline   Reply With Quote