Thread: Baja love..
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:07 AM   #24
AnAnim2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 237253

In early 2003 both my son and I bought Baja's his THE YELLOW, mine the GARNET RED. BOTH were called the classic model ,all power and all leather,in 2004 the classic was replaced by the turbo. NOW in 2010 my sons has 49,000 miles , mine has 44,000 and all the milage is highway, from PA to Maine, from PA to Northern Canada where the roads end also carrying a canoe. Traveled from PA. to Wyoming for 5 months,FROM APRIL TO SEPTEMBER. HAD BEEN through all kinds of weather snow storms in April, May, June and July and the Baja just kept going through the mountain passes, Also in April when the Park Service released the captured buffalo from the winter It even stood up against a challenge ,although I back up down to road as the Bison continued heading towards me.Was the only time I worried knowing the bison would win against my Baja.Also in July while parked during a trip I was guiding for 4 days, a pack rat got into my engine and it ate my spark plug wires and other wires from the harness.Not to mention the nest it built.Took 3 days to trap the rat in my engine and from PA to North Carolina IN THE RAINS OF HURRICANE IVAN .Also got pulled over on the beach in Assateaque National Seashore in Maryland by the National Park service even though I had a permit.The ranger I believe pulled me over because in 2003 they had never seen such a small truck driving down the beach.My small truck with the light Bar against monster trucks .Never got stuck in the sand and had a blast.Also made money as there were backpacker who were fried from the sun after a 9 mile hike to get to the parking lot.Paid us to transport their gear to the lot.That was so cool.
The amazing thing is that my Baja is giving me 36 miles on the highway, but only 23 to 24 city. In Wyoming the Baja was a hit as no one had ever seen one .I can't tell you how many offers I had to sell ,NO WAY ITS MINE
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AnAnim2 is offline   Reply With Quote