Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn in Concepts View Post
I don't think we have any here rolling on stock dampers. We MIGHT have one in the back, but I'll have to check
We should shoot mine tomorrow. The droop limit on mine comes from the D-Specs so that'll be a pretty good example of what a stock-like setup would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi00 View Post
Guys, post the video in this thread of the suspension travel on Ty's car when he was driving. Those were relatively smooth roads so it will be very easy to see why both bump and droop are needed.
Clint reposted it already, I'm thinking of another video clip I have that might be even more fun. I'll go try to find it shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heider View Post
so it's bad for the suspension to not drop when the car is raised up?
Right, the ability of the suspension to droop when the car is jacked up is also the ability of the suspension to keep the tire on the road when you run over a dip in the road. If you can't keep the tire on the road, you're slow no matter how cool you think the ride height looks.

Quote:
i thought this was inevitable with a sportier suspension?
Nope. It's just easier to design and build a suspension with little to no travel. You have to work harder to maintain good travel.

Look at the Lotus Evora. Every single review has been a cargasm of wonder over how awesome it drives in the real world since it has sooooo much suspension travel.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote