Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #57
littlewhitewagon
Scooby Guru

Member#: 103068
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
11 STI sedan
SWP

I did, I don't know the person who shot the video, so if the suspension was soft, then it would be easier to get the droop and travel.

So ultimately, we are saying that almost all of the Japanese coilovers don't offer the performance that the Euro ones offer because of droop travel? Don't get me wrong, I am ok to spend the $2k-$2.5k on new suspension since it's time, but I like that firm feeling and not a lot of body roll. I really don't like the idea of the spring being uncontrolled and unseated if the suspension droops all the way.

So this leaves us with AST, KW v3, what else?

Personally, the dual height adjustable coilover idea is nice since the ride height doesn't change the preload on the spring, and it keeps the spring nice and tight in there. Is there a coilover which can offer the ability to droop and adjust height without changing travel and spring control?

I'm not trying to be a skeptic or argue for the sake of it. I'm just not a suspension pro and my experience is limited to the parts that come to me from people I have relationships with.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
littlewhitewagon is offline   Reply With Quote