Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
1984 "Skeletor from
"He-Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi00 View Post
I have heard that 4.0 will also support multitasking. As long as it's a setting that can be turned on and off I'm all for it. Personally I won't use it unless I'm working on a document and want to listen to music at the same time.
The iPhone/iPod Touch OS already supports listening to and controlling music while running other apps. For the most part it's only running 3rd party Apps simultaneously that you can't do. If an App doesn't allow music functions it's because they programmer was lazy. The API allows for it 100%. Except for a few tasks (like keeping chat/IM connections active), most things you'd want to do on the iPhone/iPod Touch aren't really the sorts of things you would want running in the background.

My 3GS can play and control music while using Navigon GPS (8Gb of maps on the phone) and will still push email in the background and pause the music to answer calls. Granted, it will exit the App you are using during the phone call.. but immediately after hanging up it will resume the App where you left off.

The way some people talk about it, they apparently think the iPhone can't do any two things at once.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote