Scooby Newbie

Member#: 156235
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX Wgn
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby921 View Post
Its going to provide more power than stock while providing better response than a 16G or VF39. Anyone expecting fantastic peak power and amazing results from a TD04L-19T is mistaken. Its not going to happen. If you want peak/high rpm power you need a larger turbo.

Both have a larger exhaust opening and will allow for a larger volume of exhaust gas flow. Obviously the TE04 is better for high rpm flow than the TD04, but both are an improvement over the TD04L.
First off, thanks to you and ForesterWTi for all the info.It is a little overwhelming but not to bad once it all sinks in. I would think that I am like alot of people who are following this thread, looking for some more go but not spending out the wazoo to do it. I want a better mid rpm punch, I rarely run mine past 5500 as it is. $ per $ you cant really beat it for what my goals are, yeah I could buy a used VF series but again its used and lord only knows about the seller & the real condition of the turbo. For less than 500$ I can get a "new" turbo and get another 100k out of it and not have any worries.

I have a fair amount of parts stocked up, just need to figure out the turbo and then the injectors to go with it.
About 8k ago I did a oem clutch and streetlite flywheel, should be able to handle the 19t for a good while (driver dependant).

Mods eventually will be,
3tbe, GMS turbo inlet, spt intake, ssac tmic that is on the car.
Setting on a shelf right now,
grimspeed crossover, headers, GS 3 port EBCS, fuel pump.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
flyinghighlm is offline   Reply With Quote