NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoNYC View Post
I've got a JDM 2.0 STi with an EJ257 block + pan but 2.0 dipstick + tube. I knew something was off after the first oil change. Car reads full after only 4 qts. I've just been adding 4.5qt on changes and then adding another half qt anytime the reading drops close to the F mark.

I just received my new dipstick+tube. Can I change the tube with the pan full or should I wait until the next oil change? I noticed the tube hole on the pan sits fairly high. I guess I'll just wait until the next change. In the meantime I'll try just the dipstick and see how that changes readings.
You can change it full. With the car flat on a lift you might get a tiny bit of oil to come out of the tube, but if you jack up the front end I doubt anything will drain out. Keep in mind you may need to remove one of the coolant lines down low to snake the tube out. It looks like it can come right up, but it can be a big pain. Some people just scribe or notch the dipstick to what the proper 'full' should be and call it a day.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote