12. Re-install any of the housing screws you had removed once you have successfully routed all the LED wiring.
13. Now, re-install the mirror to the car, and route the LED wiring through the same opening the mirror harness routes through.
14. Now, install the LED, with the black (ground) on the top connector (when positioned how it will be installed), and the red (power) on the bottom connector.
(The rightmost wire would be the ground, in this photo--as you can see the red wire marked black slightly)
Find 2 small screws to secure the LEDs.
15. Route the car-end red (power) wiring through an opening in the door, and then through the grommet where the car is hinged to the car. The black (ground) wiring should come out in the area where the mirror harness comes out. We will attach a ring connector to this wire, and attach underneath one of the 3 bolts securing the mirror. You may want to sand down some of the paint to get a better contact to the metter.
You will have to remove both ends of the grommet--one from the door, other from the car. You'll have to pop out the paneling on the inside of the car along the right of the footwell to assist in getting the wiring in the cabin. Just 2 clips--very simple. Use a hanger from the bottom up of the grommet to grab the wire for routing:
16. Once you have the wiring in the car, you want to route it to under the steering wheel. The flasher relay is on top of the relay box (in the cabin, if you open up the fuse panel, its to the right of the fuses). It's a grey square--if you turn your hazards on and feeling around, you'll find exactly which harness we will be removing.
17. The two wires you will be using are:
The white with red strip goes to the left mirror (when facing the car) and the grey wire goes to the right mirror.
18. Put the mirror caps on the mirrors, and you're done!
If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask me or monkiboy--I'll be out of the country this week.