View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
*** Banned ***
Member#: 24038
Chapter/Region: South East

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post

Hopefully I'm not ignorant, but while I don't brush aside milestones like that, I think it boils down to more important stuff, like actual performance, especially at that price point. The previous Mustang Shelby GT500 was the cheapest 500 hp car ever produced, but that didn't mean too much from a performance standpoint when compared to other 500 hp cars or even other sports cars in its price range.

I'm not saying that the LF-A is a waste of money, but I would hope that no one is buying the LF-A specifically because it has a monocoque. But that's just me.
That's fine, but no car like this is bought for the performance/$$$ ratio. No one called the CGT a waste (at it's much higher price), and it was outperformed by cars costing much less. Same thing can be said for the SLR, and the Enzo soon after its release.

These cars are bought for those who appreciate their engineering feats. Anyone buying something like this strictly for performance is out of their minds. Again, the same can be said for a number of these type cars, which I completely understand.

But if you are going to shout about this car being overpriced, there's a long list of others costing much more than this does, offering similar technology.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
REX8 is offline   Reply With Quote