Old 03-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Maverick7531
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 234291
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - '04 EJ257
w/ ECU & Fuel -'04 5MT

Well... oil is most effective between 260 - 280F... but even in the winter the internal temp of oil still reaches high numbers. The oil does usually stay at a stable temp because of the liquid cooling system, and with that being said it generally doesnt get too hot, or too cold. I really don't think that even in very cold circumstances it will cool it too much, but I know that it will be able to pull the extra heat out of the motor when it gets too hot.

I have a auto trans oil cooler that I'm planning on using as the Engine oil cooler just like you were saying.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone think of an alternate location to hook up oil lines for an oil cooler besides a sandwich filter location?

What do you guys think about hooking up an oil cooler from the oil line going in/right BEFORE it gets to the turbo to keep that as cool as possible... instead of right after it in the turbo where it drains back to the case???

Don't you think that once oil filled the cooler that the pressure would be the same as without it, and constant?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Maverick7531 is offline   Reply With Quote