Scooby Newbie

Member#: 234291
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - '04 EJ257
w/ ECU & Fuel -'04 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by relliMmoT View Post
I applaud you in questioning the norm. How else are things innovated when you dont question WHY something is done the way it usually is. Whether its been done that way by means of thousands of hours of research by engineers or whether its done that way because a bunch of car guys seem to think it would work best its good that your doing the thinking.
I am interested in actually testing the cooling when I hook mine up. I have temp probes and access to a meter to graph the cooling. Shouldnt be too hard to test both different potential tap-in spots. Ill post here my findings- wont be for a while now as the car is under the knife.
AWSOME!!!!

I was hoping for some advice or thoughts(not opinions,) but I wasn't expecting a science experiment!!!
That would be great to post info like this here-who knows... maybe the results will show that an oil cooler installed adjacent to the turbo is just as effective!?!

After thinking about this concept for a day or two, I've formed a hypothesis about one of the locations.
??? If the cooler was installed directly before it reaches the turbo it wouldn't cause any pressure issues because the oil is already being pumped up-hill towards the turbo. Therefore, once the cooler fills up, and has constant flow, it would be just the same as without it in the system. Also, I feel that it would cool the oil sufficiently before it reaches the turbo, hence, keeping the oil temps at a nominal temperature... allowing it to function as best as possible! ???

Also, I'm not so sure that a cooler would work after the turbo, as it could hold up the draining of the oil, and possibly hinder the effectiveness of the bearings!

?THOUGHTS ANYBODY? - Who's got a guess as to what the results will show?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Maverick7531; 03-24-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Maverick7531 is offline   Reply With Quote