Scooby Newbie

Member#: 234291
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - '04 EJ257
w/ ECU & Fuel -'04 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalgrover View Post
yes...but this goes back to what everyone else has been saying...How is this setup any better than the stock setup? Really, with a setup like this, all you have done is relocate the factory cooler. The design you are talking about here uses the same concept as the factory cooler. The stock one just uses the thermostat for the radiator as its "on/off" so to speak. The thing is, all the time and effort spent making something like this isn't going to net you any significant gains in street driving. Not only that, but you are adding an electric pump into the mix. How often do you think fuel pumps go bad? How often do you think solenoids don't work properly? Now you are talking about adding this risk into your oil system. You had better come up with some kind of fail safe while your at it...if the pump fails or the solenoid fails in the wrong position, you will have yet another motor that is going to bite the dust.
But there is no factory cooler that runs a oil to air radiator... however I do know what you are trying to say about a fail-safe.
I however am not really interested in that idea myself, but good thinking.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Maverick7531 is offline   Reply With Quote