rattlehead666
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 242389
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
1999 2.5RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheff46 View Post
not true. it's easier having the proper cross member in all honesty. otherwise you build custom parts for your exhaust or cut a hole in the cross member to make the exh. fit. not sure about ralli spec, but custom is easier to go bigger and will work. i did this on my OBS wagon with the NA cross member. it's sucks for space reasons though.

--keith
That's what I figured Keith. Thank you for answering my question. Looking at the STi engine and the engine compartment in my RS, there looks to be enough room to makes some thing fit If worse comes to worse, a custom made up and down pipe or I guess the cross member could be notched and filled with 4.5" i.d. x .250" pipe cut in half and welded into the notch.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
possible but requires cutting and welding .. aka yes get a turbo crossmember
a 93-01 is better than the 02-07

please create a new thread for questions like this
Jaxx,
I can cut and weld!

Also, I would have started my own thread but I couldn't since it was only my 3rd post. Besides, is my Q not relevant to the thread? I'm talking about a JDM EJ20 swap. But if the OP disagrees that my questions are not contributing in any way I would not raise a fuss if my posts in this thread were removed.

I came to this thread looking for answers to the cross-member issue and other questions. Most of them got answered (Thank you Supermoose!!!!!) Sm partially answered my x-member Q in his initial posts. I just wanted some clarification on this issue is all. I apologize if I broke any rules.

*This post puts me over the line!!

regards,

rattlehead
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by rattlehead666; 03-30-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: speeling end punkchuweighshun
rattlehead666 is offline   Reply With Quote