NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 241881
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2014 P3 Import Auto
AWD Dyno, Mods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrac View Post
That's exactly what was done if I recall correctly, but it idled and ran smoother than it ever had before like that which was weird.

My feelings on the map dropping to IAM 1 was the wicked overdriving of the turbo by requesting those crazy targets down low which are undoubtedly way outside the efficiency range.
The idle issues are related to physical issues not tunes in my opinion. Running a car rich at idle will almost always smooth out rough spots.

The IAM dropped because you had high timing in the cells for that part throttle boost region. The turbo actually was spinning less since the thottle was part shut and I assume lower rpms; the only time this doesn't ring true is if the BPV is cracking open, then the turbo would over spin real fast. Blow dryer style!

There is no reason to run high boost at part throttle, but if you choose to you need to log load/rpm/boost/fbkc/iam figure out where the timing is getting pulled and pull it out yourself from the base timing tables first. Then you should review the advance timing tables to check for hot spots. Remember the stock tune was never designed for that kind of boost at part throttle. You will find some seriously advanced timing where your knocking. You will also see some very lean fuel trims perhaps as well.

Keep in mind I am speculating here since I don't know what you guys actually did.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
P3Auto is offline   Reply With Quote