Old 06-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #60
SarahJosephina
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 242590
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

I will say that I just purchased my 2002...the brake system, to generalize, was in need of replacement in that the stock calipers were the only item to remain. I watched and waited until I could find a Stage II STech brake kit at a decent dime. Yes, it came with fluid. Yes, it came with SS lines. And, yes, I now have slotted rotors...but for the price, the timing, and the excitement of having my new-to-me it was worth it. I had no dreams of grandur other than stopping efficiently without pulsing or downshift. I did upgrade and would like to share my case, but there is no way a BBK would touch her, just not my style. All the same my set has been, so to speak, "upgraded."

To reference the OP's points, other systems in my lovely have been addressed as well...out of necessity. The exhaust is near leak and I would prefer not to wait until winter settles to address the issue.

Also, whomever replaced the suspension (only mod besides sway bars on the auto) had it wound so tight that it **** a diamond and fcut itself in the RR...
(Great story, I know)

I took my time, researched for my purposes, and followed my budget. In the end, I want to drive to the end of my driveway to the postbox...and I love it.

I definitely agree with the objective nature of this thread. The animalistic drive to throw the "wow" factor on our rides is prevalent...and I've actually noticed a backlash to that mentality as of late and think Davenow's view is timely. Either way, we rock for having a scoob in the first place!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SarahJosephina is offline   Reply With Quote