Scooby Newbie

Member#: 131826
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Blouch 18G EWG PSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
There are way too many people on here trying to decide on turbos that are so close together.....

Blouch's site..... 4. Mitsubishi TD05H turbine wheel
TD06 compressor housing
43 LB/MIN

FP's Site.... Rapid spool and large torque numbers are guaranteed by the TD05H turbine section
47 lbs/min

I believe the the compressor housing on the 68HTA is a td05 16g housing....which makes it smaller than the 18gxtr housing.

So it seems that FP is claiming more flow throw a smaller housing......

Based on what i think the compressor housing is on a 68HTA i would give the edge to the 18gxtr all day long. Especially if you went compared 7cm vs 7cm up to 10cm vs 10cm combinations...the 18g should win, imo.

The problem is that we now have 7cm, 8cm and 10cm turbine housing available for each of these turbos.....so its a cluster phawk of different turbos all simply labeled as "68HTA" and "18gxtr". there is 6 different combinations of each turbo.

i mean a 7cm 68HTA will get killed on the topend by a 10cm 18gxtr and a 10cm68HTA might make more topend than a 7cm 18gxtr.

Basically, the turbos are so freaking close that my decision would be based on the 16g housing....its tiny.

If you wanna put things on a level playing field then it should be 47 lb/min 20gxtr vs 68HTA.....

IMO if you're looking for topend.....get a gt30 range turbo....dom1,2, or 2.5

if you get a 8cm dom2.5 the lag isnt gonna be horribly different but the topend will be wayyyyyy better.
Of course a larger turbo will generate more top end, but my question was comparing two similar turbos.

After listening to what my tuner recommended (Mike from Innovative) I went with an 18G because a 20G or larger would be too much for a 2.0 litre ej205. Sure, I'd love to drop in anything from Dom 1 to a gt35, but on a 2.0? What kind of drivability will I have in the city as a dd?

According to what's available on the market today, I'd consider the FP HTA68 or Blouch 18G-XT the top two choices, no?

My question is...which one will provide more hp with similar specs (ie. 8cm, etc)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MTL_SLVR_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote