Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212666
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon,
Black, EVOIII16G+Meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desibabu345 View Post
2004 2.0L motor in a 2003 WRX with mfactory 1-4 gears and stock fifth. Pull was done in fourth gear due to how short the transmission is. Work was done by Engine Logics in Houston, TX and the tune / pull on their dynodynamics lowboy dyno.

evo III 16g, 850cc deatschwerks injectors, short ram intake, 4" dp going to 3" (still have cat) and to prodrive oval catback (2.5"?). TurboXS old school top mount. 93 octane.

250hp / 245ish tq. @ 19psi goes to about 17-18 at redline. Uncorrected numbers.

I was a little disappointed, but the tuner mentioned two needs, better intercooling and a more freeflowing exhaust setup as the motor was pulling timing towards redline and he was fighting that.

Also - he has had guys come in with '600hp' cobras, ford gt's and other supposed beasts and everyone leaves disappointed. I am not as concerned with the number, the car feels nice, smooth and is reliable.

I have a stubborn goal now to make this turbo / motor combination as efficient as possible... next steps to be done this year:

-exhaust (but I LOVE the way the prodrive sounds... thinking about a boost activated cutout)
-p&p intake / turbo / headers
-tgv deletes
-alcohol injection
-would an external wastegate have any benefits on a turbo this size?

Anything else reccommended to help spool / power without changing turbo or fuel type?
i did equal length headers, ewg, and 3 port bcs all at once, so not sure exactly what helped, but wow it spools like a rocket, and more power down low for sure. also better off boost throttle response. with the meth on top of that, (old smc kit with m15 nozzle) the car is a rocket. our turbos start to shine if you can get the psi to the low to mid 20's. i also have a high mileage 2.0 motor, almost 180,000 miles, the last 7,000 of which were on clark's tunes.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
downpipe12 is offline   Reply With Quote