Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232497
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
WRB

Default Exedy - KSB03 vs 15802 Help.

Hey guys,

So my clutch on my 02 Cobb Stage 2 WRX is going out and its time for a new one ASAP.

I make 280hp and 285trq and will be having a new map put on by a buddy of mine that should bump it up a bit more...

Here are my current options -

1. Spend $450 on a Exedy 15802 and not worry about the clutch slipping. I would have to worry about the tranny though, since Im at 100k miles.

2. Buy a slightly used Exedy Stage 1 and lightweight flywheel combo for $300. Has about 5000 miles on it, and is said to be in good condition. The guy said he upgraded to a 6spd and has had it out of his car for a year. I know buying a used one is risk, but what are your thoughts?

3. Buy an Exedy KSB03. Its stock, which is what my Stage 2 made my current clutch slip, but I am low on funds and I did find a great deal. $75 new, but without a throw out bearing, which is around $60 new? So $135 for a new Exedy OEM clutch.

How long do you guys think a new OEM would last with a Stage 2? I drive pretty aggressive at times, and do want to AutoCross in the summer.

Thanks guys!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lifwanian is offline   Reply With Quote