View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 10:44 AM   #8
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 31357
2003 Silver
WRX Wagon

Default Silverstar vs. Xtravision?

Thanks for the information. I'm looking to increase the lighting performance on my car, in the short term it will be a bulb upgrade of the stock 9007's, maybe later I'll have enough scratch to jump from reflectors to projectors .

I've found some info on Xtravision bulbs posted by Neoterix, but I'm still unclear as to the behind-wheel performance compared to the Silverstars.

So as a lighting-challenged, must-use-9007-type-bulb, saving my $ for Prodrives/Morettes new owner, any advice you could lend would be much appreciated.

One more thing, I'm not looking for extreme-wattage bulbs (anything that would strain the stock wiring) so I've limited my choices/budget to the Xtravisions (or the GE equivalent 9007HO's) or the Silverstars.

Given that the Silverstars are a 'whiter' light, does that (in your experience), increase or decrease visibility in inclement weather, e.g. rain/snow/sleet?

From what I could find on the Slvania site, the Xtravision benefit is low beam only, but it appears that the Silverstars have increased low and high beam output - is there a *noticeable* high beam benefit?

Kevin, stock lighting harness with the upgraded headlamps, or did you change to an aftermarket harness?

TIA and Happy New Year.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bogtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote