Old 07-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Sti77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 93673
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
Java Black

Default 4G63 vs EJ25

I owned a 2004 STi when they first hit the shores and spent ~$10k in APS parts, labor, and tuning to hit the 400awhp mark. Second baby showed up and I had to sell it a year later.

Following summer I picked up a 2004 EVO and did some minor mods - CAI, TBE, fuel pump, and a tune and hit the 295awhp mark. Third baby showed up and I had to sell it a year later.

Now I'm not having any more kids and want to pick up a another one but I'm having a struggle. This car will be a third, stored car, that will be modified heavily over the years. Still streetable, but I'd like to break the 600awhp mark. I spend a lot of time here and at evolutionm and over time I have found it shocking the difference in power gains mod for mod between the two.

Here are some examples of stock turbo and motor evos making over 400awhp when running E85.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyn...rbo-hp-tq.html

Looking here, many 35R EJ's are making just over 400awhp, some even on built motors. My point isn't to start a flame war, but to understand what mechanically is causing the difference? Is it soley turbo placement and engine layout? I did a search but the only thread was from 2002.

I really love the subaru - the sound, refinement, look, tranny, etc. is awesome. However, I can improve the performance of the EVO for a fraction of the price.

Thanks for any insight...

Oh, and I'm not a big fan of the 4B11T/EVOX, so that is out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Sti77 is offline   Reply With Quote