Originally Posted by cityazndan
1. HP at the WHEELS (whp) or hp at the CRANK (chp)? ~300whp
2. What type of dyno are you going to be shooting for this number on? Not sure...I think I'm gonna get it tuned at Andrewtech or DPS.
3. If possible, tell us what shop it is. Someone may know how high or low that particular dyno reads. DPS or Andrewtech
4. Where do you live? If not a well known city, what is the elevation?
5. What kind of gas will you be using? (octane level)
6. Are you opposed to a FMIC?
Eh...if I can hit 300whp without it, I rather stay TMIC.
7. It's an DD Auto.
Perrin Uppipe, Perrin Downpipe, Cobb AP2 (on the way), Cobb Intake (on the way)
Andrewtech's dyno is just like TurboXS's dyno (it may actually be the same dyno, Im not sure) It reads fairly high.
You can do 300whp on their dyno with an IHI turbo on 93 octane with a good intercooler and 22 or so PSI. MUCH easier if its a 2.5L car. The 2.5L cars hit 300whp without much more than stage 2
If you are on a 2.0L, go with an EVOIII-16G and a GOOD tmic. This means turboXS or better. No ebay, xCC, godspeed, $400 tmic.
If you are on an STI, go with a full turboback, an up pipe, ported/polished exh manifold and call it a day.
If its a 2.5L WRX, do the same, but go to an IHI turbo.