View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
Intense Dan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 31548
Thumbs up Hi everybody! New to the forum..

Hey everyone I've been searching around the Legacy forum for quite some time because I'm interested in buying a Legacy GT to replace my 94 Grand Marquis, but I had to register because I came across the perfect one and need some advice! You guys all seem really in the know so perhaps you could point me in the right direction.

The car is a 98 Legacy GT 5 speed with 120k. Well taken care of and a few minor mods have been done. I only have simple details right now, but will find out more soon. The asking price also seems fair at 7.5-8k. The kicker for me was the color - silver...what I've always wanted!

I was wondering how well these cars hold up with high miles. Lots o squeaks n rattles? I've owned Ford's my whole life so I've got low expectations I have also noticed that there seems to be a head gasket problem, but if the car has gone this long without showing signs of failure could I assume it's decently safe? Are there obvious things to check for at this mileage that I need to know about?

How about that price, anyway? Does that seem like something I should jump on or can I be modest and look around a bit more?

Again - great website, and thanks in advance for any input

oh yeah -> <- this thing rocks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Intense Dan is offline   Reply With Quote