Member#: 207826
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
85k 2002 WRX
Correct Fitment Crew #034

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlobe View Post
Guys,

I am looking at picking up a 2004 WRX from a member off this board. Here are some of the mods that he has listed:

Motor & exhaust:
-Stock turbo 2.0L
-godspeed FMIC kit
-tial bov
-forge boost controller
-perrin inlet hose
-k&n cold air
-4" downpipe to full 3" hks hi-power. No cats no o2's. (i have the stock exhaust to go with car)

He claims to have made 235whp 240wtq on 17psi. I dont know what type of dyno he used but he is located in CT.

I live in FL where we dont have emissions and 93 oct fuel. I will be dyno'ing at a place called AWD Motorsports because they are one of the few places in my area with a 4WD Dyno Jet dyno.

I would like to get 350 horsepower on a daily driven car with reliability. I am traditionally a Honda guy and have been for more than 8 years but as my life has it I have a family now and in need of a 4 door car. I really enjoy the messaging that Subaru has with safety and reliability so thats why I choose to go this route.

So with all that being said... Any help, would help immensely.

Thank,
Phil
235 whp is very plausible for that setup if it's tuned (did he say?). That FMIC is a bit out of place and could be bit detrimental to driving performance. If you're looking for 350 whp, good luck with your reliability goal without building your engine and transmission. If you meant 350 chp (275 whp), assuming the car doesn't have high mileage amd wasn't abused (in general the engine being in good shape), easily done.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Byzantium; 08-06-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Byzantium is offline   Reply With Quote