gurana
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 255131
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza OBS
OBP/Dark Gray

Default Android bluetooth phone set up?

My OSB finally came in last friday (ealier post here), and today was the first day I actually was able to drive it for any considerable length of time. Before leaving, I decided to give the bluetooth audio/phone a spin as well. The audio part went off without a hitch, really. Played music from the music app, as well as streaming from Pandora and Yahoo!Music app.

The phone part seems to be giving me issues. This is something I kind of anticipated. I've known that android phones, at least some of the HTCs (I have the Incredible), don't have the ability to operate "hands free" from a bluetooth headset. You can use a headset, but the only thing you can do from the headset buttons is pick-up and incoming call, and hang up. No voice dialing.

Now, I was able to start the process by following the steps in the manual. I thought that I had paired the phone and set up a couple of entries in the car's phonebook, but everytime I tried to make a call it said I was not, in fact, paired.

Am I fudging some step or missing something from the manual? Or is this a known problem with Android phones? Any guidance would be much appreciated. I've been scouring various Android resources, but figured another subaru owner might have run into this as well.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gurana is offline   Reply With Quote