Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 123843
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2016 STI LTD CWP
Let LED's light your way!

There's a black-box that is located under the dash on the driver's side. It is to the left of or center to the steering column and is below it. If you were on your back, you can look up and see it.

This is the Integrated Module. This is what allows for the interior dome light to turn-on, whether by opening/closing a door or when using the key-fob and of course it provides the time-out and eventual shutdown function.

Have you tried the other doors?

If it sparked a little, and you smelled something, but no fuses blew, more-than-likely you cooked something. Not inspring at all, to say-the-least.

I would disconnect your wiring and effectively return everything to stock and the start from there.

FWIW, I installed a pair of puddle-lights, but for my interior along either side of the drive-shaft tunnel to illuminate the floors up front on either side.

I hooked the power into a direct source at the fuse-box/relay-block and then I tapped into the ground that comes from the dome/map lights and goes directly into the Integrated Module, nearest the IM.

Good luck!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote