Old 09-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #35
Bohemian_Funk
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 171218
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza 2.5RS
"Silverthorn Metallic"

Nice! My father's side of the family (including my half sister and half brother) is from South Plainfield. Nobody from my family has lived there since 1980 that I know of, but yeah. At some point you should put your location (and once you're done, your vehicle ) into your profile. There's a LOT of people that are in the North East, and you might be surprised what letting people know where you are can get you

Anyway, back to the thread topic: This is going to sound pretty friggin' nit-picky, but why didn't you cut the bed while it was still intact? Hell, I might have even considered throwing some bracing in there, like you would for chopping a hot rod. You might find that taking it apart and then cutting it could allow the bed's panels to warp somewhat and the bolt locations could shift just enough to be fairly time consuming/annoying. Obviously it's not a huge issue in any way, but it's something to think about. Which reminds me, since you're going to be keeping the WRX rear suspension geometry, is there any chance that you might be putting some strut braces on there at some point? To be honest, I don't see it being much help in the front (it'd still do something obviously), at least not nearly as much as the rear . If you were going to be hauling anything, you could just unbolt the center section of the rear brace, unless whatever you were hauling was small enough to fit underneath of course. I don't know about you, but my Impreza flexes a fair bit, so I could just imagine how much the rear end of a hardbody (especially after this much time) might flex under hard cornering .

~ Scott
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bohemian_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote