Scooby Newbie

Member#: 158744
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 WRX 20g 6-speed
PSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyman View Post
Ok, so I have a '05 wrx with 60,000 miles. manual tran. My parking brake light is on as well as my abs light. at times, when i am stopped, my speedo goes to 20mph and back to 0. And if im clutched in coasting to a stop sign, my speedo goes to 0. I can get my Speedo to go to 0 also if I hit my A/C. Along with these issues, My cruise control doesnt turn on, only my day time running lights engage, so my high beams do not work.

Now, I have a squeeking sound coming from my rear passenger wheel. Im thinking a brake pad or parking brake dragging. Could that have overheated a speed sensor, abs sensor thing? Also, Both times this has happened I have towed a light boat. would the wiring harness short something? if so where can I find the fuse. Not sure what to check, but rather do it myself than pay for it if I can help it.

Thanks
I am having the EXACT SAME issue with my '04. My headlights and interior lights will not turn on and my ABS, brake, and "security" lights are always on. I recently installed a Defi boost gauge and ever since then I've had issues. I am a complete airhead when it comes to the electrical system. Let me know what route you take to solve this and I will do the same if I figure it out first.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
200xpdi is offline   Reply With Quote