View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #32
black09wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 258108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subirex09 View Post
Thanks for keeping this one alive, I always like to hear I am not the only person with a problem.

[snip]

Good luck at the dealership. Please let me know what they say.
So I did visit the dealership today, and I did have their lead mechanic take the car for a spin with me riding shotgun. He drove it around the block, even got on it a bit, and at first the problem refused to rear its ugly head. Fortunately, when he got out he did notice a "squealing" sound, which he said sounds like a throw out bearing.

I had already told him what I had found online, that it might not be a throw out bearing, etc. He said the main thing was that he had witnessed the problem first hand and could now officially write it up. When I jumped in the car and went to take off, the pedal started to vibrate. I asked him to jump over and try for himself, at which point he said he believed me and was going to have that documented as well.

So the dealership is supposed to call me in a day or so and let me know what SOA says. I have the "gold" extended warranty with no deductible, so I'm hoping this is covered (the car has about 41k on it now).

I'll post again when I hear back from the dealership.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
black09wrx is offline   Reply With Quote