01-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Schaumburg, IL
16 WRX (white)
04 FXT (red)
- Is there a Subaru user base available for this ECU? If so, where?
Not yet, but soon... www.wrxhackers.com . The XEDE will be available in Feb.
- An estimate of the ECU's pricing?
$795 or $895 with user-tuning software.
- Is the ECU programmable by laptop, handheld controller, or both?
- Does the ECU function in a "stand-alone" or "piggyback" fashion?
- Is the ECU delivered as a "kit", or a "plug and play" package? For what models?
PnP version will be available for the WRX, non-PnP will be available for other models as well.
- What datalogging capabilities does the ECU have?
Can datalog all sensor input and outputs (TPS, MAP, MAF, Ign timing offsets).
- Does the ECU have the ability to control boost pressure?
- Does the ECU allow for maps to be switched on the fly, and will it need to be "reset" before the map will take effect?
Yes, on the on-the-fly. No, no need to reset ECU.
- Does the ECU have any sort of knock correction feedback?
Yes, the stock knock correction system still works.
- What type of correction factors (coolant temp, air temp, etc) does the ECU use?
Relies on factory (or remapped) compensation factors.
- What oxygen sensors does the ECU unit utilize?
None. Closed-loop fuel control is provided by Stock ECU.
- Will the ECU drive low or high impedance injectors? Both impedance types?
Relies on factory high imp. injector drivers.
- Will the ECU drive an additional 4 injectors (8 injector staged setup)?
- What load references can the ECU use for tuning purposes?
MAP, TPS or MAF (user-selectable).
- What resolution does the ECU offer in tuning (how many load points, RPM points, and what increments of adjustment)?
20x20 with user definable breakpoints. 0.1 increments for MAF, MAP, TPS and Ign. timing.
- Does the ECU have the ability to drive external hardware? If so, how many, and what type?
2 built-in drivers for external boost control, additional injectors, aux. solenoids, etc.
- Will the ECU run off of the stock crank position sensor? Or will one need to be fabricated?
Yes. Runs off all stock sensors.
Last edited by 8Complex; 01-18-2003 at 05:00 PM.