View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #35
Subirex09
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 207880
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Awesome SWP

I hate dealership techs...I know they don't have much of a choice but to go along with what they are told but my gosh...you described a problem, and they even duplicated it, so it should be their responsibility under your powertrain 5 yr/50K or extended gold warranty to fix or attempt to fix the problem, for them to say they aren't going to do anything is just outrageous.

I would be calling SoA and ripping them a new one daily, duplication of the issue has been my problem but for you they actually did duplicate it.

Makes me so angry.

I am not familiar with any of the gold warranty stuff though, sorry, but usually anything after market voids the part it replaces and the repair of the damage it might cause.

Wow, what a slap in the face. Subaru is a real challenge to work with...but I imagine lots of manufacturers are.

Maybe the lead tech will have better info for you.

Also I doubt you were imagining a $2K price, I once inquired on the price to drop the tranny, and look at the clutch and I think they claimed it was like 6 or 8 hours of labor...don't quote me but I believe that was what I was told.

If you don't mind, I would love to know what they tell you if you ask them what happens warranty wise if you replace the clutch with an after market clutch, it is something I have thought about as well, maybe down the road.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Subirex09 is offline   Reply With Quote