Scooby Newbie

Member#: 152330
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
07 stage 2
OBP STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyfilmboy View Post
I do all of my own brake work. But after like 8000 miles on new pads and rotors, I was getting this weird rubbing during high speed braking. So I took it in to have them take a look at them and see if they could give me a hint as to what I was doing wrong. They brought out the pads and said, "See how the shims and heat sinks are separate from the pads? They are supposed to be one solid unit. We can sell you new pads and rotors for $750." And I said, "OK, put everything back together so I can get the heck out of here and never come back." Jokes on me. They didn't properly torque the lugs, so when I went to remove my wheel locks later, they shattered on one of the wheels and wouldn't come off another wheel at all. Took it in to Pep Boys so they could wrench off the shattered lugs and sell me new McGuards. Ug.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefledthescene View Post
thats crazy! my fiance & i met at a car meet (not subaru.. just a general one.. he drove an srt-4 at the time. ) and we were friends for about 2 years before we started dating.
^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice View Post
^^^
this thread is going to make me cry..lol
I hope he drives a subaru now!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2_m4r1n3 View Post
Good driving and a Nasioc sticker? :P
My favorite mod is the driver. But on a real note, I don't have as many mods on the 07 as I had on the 04.

07 STi

V2 ac port
HKS catless dp
HKS catless exhaust
eibach pro kit springs
EBC green stuff pads
kick ass Indianaimpreza sticker
Bridgestone R11 245/40 18' (2nd best mod )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himynameisgreg View Post
that was not nearly as bad as some of the dumbasses on this forum.
I can't tell if its getting better or worse. I just started getting back on Nasioc a few months ago and I haven't had to remove myself yet. I feel it coming again tho....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Subie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote