Here are the trailing arms all prepped and ready for paint. I was going to have them boxed, but in the interest of getting the car back on the road I decided to finish a stock set and send out one of the other stock sets sometime in the future. I ended up painting these with the epoxy paint, but I am going to end up having them powder coated instead as you can see them from the outside of the car and I think it will look neat that way.
Here's a picture of the upper trailing arm bushings. They were a pain in the butt to remove. I first tried my 12 ton press and maxed it out quickly. Then I tried the 50 ton press at work. I stopped at about 18 tons as it really seemed like something in the tooling setup was going to fail and kill me.
I ended up using my 12 ton press to "core" the bushing (push the center out) and then I used a hacksaw to cut the outer aluminum sleeve in two locations about one centimeter apart. Then, using a flathead screw driver, I was able to push the cut section out. As soon as it was free, the rest of the outer sleeve collapsed inward and the bushing fell out. With a little grease, the new ones should press right in.
I found that hanging the parts from the trees in the front yard was the best way to paint them. I kept getting the stare-down from all the neighbors who I'm certain are sick of my car projects spilling over into the front yard.