*** Banned ***

Member#: 2992
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Quote:
Originally posted by AZScoobie
I dont think adding the race fuel before the reset would cause any different effects. I think the act of running the the Reset ECu at low boost causes the same IG multiplier to go up just the same as Shiv is suggesting in his way. Mainly, the lack of knock because of the lack of boost allows the ecu to increase that multiplier. If I have time this week I can test that theory out.
I guess the results of your test will depend heavily on how Subaru has initialized the two ignition tables. Recall that, according to my research, the ECU will never retard timing below the values represented in the low octane ignition table and will never advance timing beyond the values represented in the high octane ignition table. I think the question comes down to: What octane fuel did Subaru use when it developed the high-octane ignition table? One possibility is that Subaru set up the the high octane ignition table based on the recommended fuel octane, 91. In that case you probably won't see a difference when doing a Vishnu reset while running 91 octane or 112 octane. But what if Subaru had observed that 94 octane was available in many parts of the country and chose to construct the high octane ignition table based on that? Or what if Subaru, because it was easy to do, simply inserted its JDM 100 RON table as the high octane ignition table? In these cases, I expect you would see a difference.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jon [in CT] is offline   Reply With Quote