Old 10-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #121
kpluiten
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120273
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

I got the day to work on the wagon. I cleaned a ton of dirt off the undercarriage and then put her in the garage and removed everything from the chassis besides the transmission and motor.

Here is the silly WRX steering linkage rubber isolating piece. This is supposed to cut down on vibration and noise in the steering, but it also numbs the feel of the wheel. The STi does not have this part; it is simple a straight shaft.

I've got the steering rack all cleared up so that I can install the new racj bushings along with power steering lines.

Front suspension removed. The tie-rod ends were removed as well so for the Whiteline Roll Center kit parts. I also found that after only ~80miles on these ball joints, both the tie-rod ends and the control arm to hub ball joints were shot. I mean I could pull on them and feel them click and move around! I'm certain this was contributing to loose steering feel and rattles on bumps. If you have an impreza with over 80K on it, I would definitely check these joints and plan on replacing them.

A little dirt still needs to be removed and then I will be applying the undercarriage paint.

Not very exciting pictures, but progress is being made for sure.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by kpluiten; 10-25-2010 at 02:46 AM.
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote