Originally Posted by yfzracr89
it be cool if there was a way it flashed when you tapped your brakes kinda like the f1 cars
On F1 cars, the driver can turn it on via a switch or button (likely on the steering wheel) in the cockpit. There are no brake lights on an F1 car. The rear light also flashes when the rev limiter is enabled (also via button or switch) when entering and exiting the pits.
14.5 Rear light:
All cars must have a red light in working order throughout the Event which:
- has been supplied by an FIA designated manufacturer;
- faces rearwards at 90° to the car centre line and the reference plane;
- is clearly visible from the rear;
- is mounted nominally on the car centre line;
- is mounted 300mm (+/-5mm) above the reference plane;
- is no less than 595mm behind the rear wheel centre line measured parallel to the reference plane;
- can be switched on by the driver when seated normally in the car.
The two measurements above will be taken to the centre of the rear face of the light unit.