View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #23
Epic Motorsports
Former Vendor

Member#: 198925
Chapter/Region: South East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
can we see the timing curves since thats where the power is coming from......
All the before and after testing was OTS cobb stage 2 maps with no changes, except the actual tune which even then didnt get messed with much. If I remember correctly Tim Bailey was refining the OTS maps and it made great power the way it was. I'll get the timing info for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium Tuning View Post
I don't know... I haven't tuned too many perrin header VF cars that had a torque peak near 4500RPM. I've also seen a lot of perrin headers leak from the slips or warped flanges, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what caused the excessive lag.

The only real fair comparison I see here is the one done by EFI. It shows some healthy gains above 5k RPM with a bit of added lag compared to a factory header. Now I'd really like to see a fair comparison with a Tomei/GTSpec/MadDad header.

-- Ed
The Perrin header car was tuned about 2 weeks before hand and was originally posted because Juan wanted to see how it compairs to Killer B's header. And that torque peak could be shifted back a bit more the customer wanted more midrange and wasnt worried much about topend.

We did all of our testing in one day which made for a bunch of back and forth parts swapping. But We have a car that will be tested in a similar fashion as efi's. The car will be tuned with a factory manifold then the Killer B header will be installed and do a few more pulls.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Epic Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote