View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #23
Epic Motorsports
Former Vendor
Member#: 198925
Chapter/Region: South East

Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
can we see the timing curves since thats where the power is coming from......
All the before and after testing was OTS cobb stage 2 maps with no changes, except the actual tune which even then didnt get messed with much. If I remember correctly Tim Bailey was refining the OTS maps and it made great power the way it was. I'll get the timing info for you.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium Tuning View Post
I don't know... I haven't tuned too many perrin header VF cars that had a torque peak near 4500RPM. I've also seen a lot of perrin headers leak from the slips or warped flanges, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what caused the excessive lag.

The only real fair comparison I see here is the one done by EFI. It shows some healthy gains above 5k RPM with a bit of added lag compared to a factory header. Now I'd really like to see a fair comparison with a Tomei/GTSpec/MadDad header.

-- Ed
The Perrin header car was tuned about 2 weeks before hand and was originally posted because Juan wanted to see how it compairs to Killer B's header. And that torque peak could be shifted back a bit more the customer wanted more midrange and wasnt worried much about topend.

We did all of our testing in one day which made for a bunch of back and forth parts swapping. But We have a car that will be tested in a similar fashion as efi's. The car will be tuned with a factory manifold then the Killer B header will be installed and do a few more pulls.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Epic Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote