Old 11-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #42
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

I think some tuners will argue by what method, means and the validity unless they are involved with the testing process themselves.

Our goal was to have independent testing done by a few tuners/shops without our influence. Instead of putting some sales and marketing power claims out there we felt potential customers would rather see what other shop's actual results and impressions were of the product. We'd much rather spend our time rambling on about materials, primary volume, pulse velocity, etc., etc. and have the numbers speak for themselves. Of course there will always be skeptics, but likely less than if those numbers came directly from us.

As far as comparisons go we’ve got comparisons and gains over Perrin, GPMoto and OEM. This represents a huge chunk of the aftermarket headers out there when you consider all the knock-offs look a likes and so on. Our target market when designing this setup was for stage II and up cars with OEM location turbo. While I feel for this setup we can best most if not all headers currently on the market, power was not our only goal with this product. Reliability/durability (no cracking), spool up time/volume, weight, leak free flanges, etc. were also considerations as well.

I guess what I’m trying to say here is no matter how many headers are compared and how many tuners test, there will always be skeptics of the tune, conditions, setup, etc… This is a completely new design, not a 10+ year old WRC/JDM look-a-like, so I expect skepticism for at least a few years until there’s an acceptance into the Subaru community Does this bother me? Not at all. If it wasn’t a good product we wouldn’t be offering it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote