Old 11-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #43
Homemade WRX
Scooby Guru

Member#: 33782
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
96 bastard child
search FIRST, then PM!!!

Oh, I'm not doubting it. I'd just love to see all 4 compared head to head, same day, same car, same dyno with controlled test conditions and some form of consistent test methods. You know how we engineers are.

I don't want to do it simply to see the powerband but to also compare the specs and quality of each piece.

Nhat's car is a basic VF34 on an STi and would be considered 'stage 3' with is fmic, accessport, intake, tbe and of course the manifolds. Hence why I was thinking of it as a good test bed for comparing them all, in respect to power levels. That and he has two of the manifolds already.

I know you're an engineer and look at all aspects to a product, much like myself. If you don't recall, we had a nice long engineer to engineer talk and discussion about parts quality and manufacturing. A lot of it was you talking with me about manufacturing my own rods.

This is also a completely unbiased test if you ask me. My only angle is I'm really searching for a base manifold to chop up for a nice rotated setup, i.e. who's getting my money

If you don't want to participate, I completely understand.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote