Member#: 255131
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza OBS
OBP/Dark Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbhigh09 View Post
:-(

At this point I've tried everything on the phone side; including ROOTing my phone and installing a new ROM with different BT drivers. Problem is the Subi, which I don't know how to fix, or even start to play with. Might be time for a new head unit, I just really like those steering wheel controls.

That's rought. FWIW, verizon just pushed an update, 3.26 I believe, to some of their phones. I got it the other night. I haven't noticed any problems with my phone, but if you happen to be online for an OTA update soon, perhaps that'll do the trick.

As far as new head units are concerned, I've read various posts that suggest it may in fact be possible to get head units to work with the integrated steeringwheel controls as well as in the integrated mic... I know almost nothing about car audio systems, but if you really want to make it happen, it seems at least possible. Lord knows there's a lot of stuff I would like to see in a head unit upgrade (things like better player integration, album art and tag info over bt) but I'm too lazy to do the research to find out what would be needed to not lose my steering wheel controls.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gurana is offline   Reply With Quote