Now that I have an idea where the turbo will fit and how the headers route around the engine, I could fab up the engine mount bar. The bar attaches to the Vanagon mount that I showed earlier and extends to the frame rails. At the frame rails, there are rubber bushings. Here is the engine suspended in the car for the first time.
Now I just have to connect the dots between the exhaust ports and the turbo...
Here is the turbo hard mounted to the engine mount bar. I had two threaded bungs machined that the turbos mounts to.
I found it difficult to source JDM uppipe and downpipe flanges for my use, therefore I just had them waterjet at a place down the street. I am running external wastegates so the internal wastegate port was blocked off. They turned out fantastic and if anyone needs a pair, just let me know and I can get them cut for you.
Using left over piping that I had cut off the header, I fab'ed up the connecting pieces for the header to the turbo.
Here it is mounted in the car...everything fits like a glove.
With the turbo mounted in this location, the gravity drain has no where to go to get back to the oil pan. I was very restricted on space, so I had to fab up a custom drain pipe using the oil coolant hard lines off the engine.
It is all downhill back to the oil pan...just barely.