With the engine mounted, it was time to address some necessary items on the chassis. First off was the radiator. Here is my first mock-up of the radiator location. This one is 16x22, however I went with a 14x22 to add some additional clearance. It will mounted it at about a 30deg angle in the front trunk and vent it out the hood. It will also have a Spal fan mounted to help with cooling while sitting in the pits between runs.
My tiny 5 gallon fuel tank is just not going to fit properly and I will probably have to make a new one that is narrower and wider.
The radiator lines are Gates Yellow-Strip hose snaked throughout the body. In the front, I opened up some of the body panels and run the lines thru.
In the cabin, the lines jog over to the frame rails and down what used to be the heater ducting tubes.
In the engine bay, they come out of the heater duct tubes and will connect to the engine.
One issue with the engine mount bar that I fabricated was the clearance for the thermostat housing cover.
After a little sleuthing around ebay, I decided to take a chance on a Subaru 3.0L engine thermostat housing which was for sale for pretty cheap. Here you can see the differences.
Low and behold, it fits and gives me just enough clearance...