View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #54
ScoobieTT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 192303
Vehicle:
2004 Legacy GT
Grey

Have the issue, and this thread came up on a Google search. I have the same issue as the OP, and I am going to take down the gearbox soon and start with the fork. Did anyone try the follwing posted by vedor DPS?

"We've been seeing this problem lately on LGT's and late model WRX (push style clutches). The noise is even worse on LGT's that install the WRX flywheel/pressure plate combo. The noise is coming from the clutch fork vibrating against the slave cylinder pin. It can easily be misdiagnosed as a bad throw out bearing. The trick is to drill a small hole on the clutch fork and install a spring to give the clutch fork a slight pressure against the slave cylinder pin (similar to pull style clutches)."

This seems like a very real possibility and a potential fix.

Also to the guys with 2+ TOB replacments and counting, there is an after market TOB that does not move on the quill and therefore does not squeal or squeak like the manufaturer's TOB. You can cehck this link..http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index....sleve-kit.html

I wish I could sort this soon, as it is very annoying, especially the enginge vibrations in the pedal.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobieTT is offline   Reply With Quote