Subirex09
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 207880
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Awesome SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobieTT View Post
So next up I will look into pulling the gear box and making checks on the TOB, Clutch, Pressure Plate and Flywheel. I will also look further into the suggestion by DPS to drill the fork and install a spring. DPS, if you're reading, please chime in....need to know the process steps, and some pics would be greatly appreciated!
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobieTT View Post
Something to note - When my car is OFF, the clutch is ABOLUTELY smooth, no issues at all, when the car is STARTED then the (sometimes rough/sometimes slight) pedal feel appears. The roughness or engine vibrations comes and goes as I drive. Sometimes when I stop at a light, the pedal feels smooth, then as I drive off its back! Is this the general experience for you guys?
When mine is off, my clutch also feels smooth, when I am driving I do notice at times that the pedal will feel easier to depress and then sometimes harder, and sometimes I do feel a slight vibration during shifting in city driving.

I get the rough vibration specifically when I am at a dead stop and accelerate onto a highway, like...1st gear, push to 6k rpm, quick shift to 2nd, push to 5-6K rpm again, quick shift to 3rd, push a little to get to 80 or 90 mph sometimes but usually the heavy clutch pedal vibration has begun during 3rd gear acceleration.

Occasionally it does happen without hard acceleration as well. I have noticed it happening more than once turning onto a highway ramp and accelerating moderately, even only 4k or 4.5k rpm. Sometimes I will be driving along at normal speeds and it just starts out of nowhere.

I wish that one poster got back to us on the tranny mount. I really wonder if the tranny mount stiffens the drivetrain enough to avoid whatever vibration we are feeling in the pedal.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Subirex09; 12-09-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Subirex09 is offline   Reply With Quote