Old 12-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #64
Britain
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 247604
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1974 Porsche 914
1700lb AX Car w/ Spec-C

Few updates. Took a few days off work to make some progress before the holiday season gets underway. I also got a lot of parts in and I couldn't wait to get them mounted.

First off was to mount the pair of Turbosmart wastegates and finish the exhaust plumbing. Here you can see the general location of all the components.

Both wastegates will dump back into the exhaust stream so that I can control the output noise levels due to sound restrictions at some venues. Both wastegate dumps are 1.5" and then merge into 1.75" before being dumped into the exhaust. After several hours of fab work with a "metal master" buddy of mine, it was all completed. Just have to get it professionally tig welded to call it done.

Here it is mounted in the car to ensure that everything clears and fits in its respective location.

The location of the turbo and the mess of the header and exhaust plumbing has made it impossible to run the stock shifter bar. Therefore, I have adapted parts of a cable shift set-up to handle the shifted duties. If you remember, I only have 2 gears in my transmission and therefore only need to shift forward and back...pretty simple. Here is the transmission side.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Britain; 10-23-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Britain is offline   Reply With Quote