Old 12-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #52
hipowernut
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 254184
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
TR42 06 WRX w/5 spd
Syn Green w/carbon fiber

Default 6 SPEED O-P-T-I-O-N will be offered!

Well, after meeting with MMW on Monday this week it was decided that they would re-engineer the frame jigs to allow for the extra length of a 6 speed transmission into my build.

Previously I was told that only a 5 speed would fit and therefore I went ahead and bought my RA geared 02 WRX 5 speed. After searching for LSD options for my 5 speed, I concluded that I could spend close to the same amount of money and get a 6 speed that 1) was stronger 2) had a superior oiling system 3) already had a LSD.

I met with the owners of MMW, Bill and Danny, and explained that future TR-42 buyers that planned on using a Subaru engine with 300+ hp would more than likely want to have the 6 speed available as an option and it would be nice for them to make that possible - They agreed!

So - I have a RA geared 5 speed to sell. (Or I may save it for my friend that is planning a lower powered TR-42)

Now I have to decide on which 6 speed. I'm leaning towards the 07 STI due to the taller gears in 2-3-4 but if I found a good deal on a 05 or 06 I could live with that too.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hipowernut is offline   Reply With Quote