View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
toomuchstuff
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 254444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Your friend plan on bending a 3" bar of 316SS for a mandrel too?

Jay
NO, I have a friend with a marine muffler shop... lol You can have up to a 10' round 1/4 wall pipe bent and shaped for a real big boats, I had 5 inch stainless elbows made for my boats turbo diesels.... You are not changing the shape of 3 inch round 1/4 wall 316 ss tube with a silicone hose.. Its simpler to drill and tap pipe than solid stock for vac bungs. You also do not want to work with a 200 pound mandrel. That amount of 316 will also be special order and bought by 15' or 20' ft and cost will hurt more then dropping the mandrel on your foot... I only know of two places that can true 316 shafts that thick but do not think they can bend 3 in round. If you had to have a big solid mandrel you'd have to make it out of wax and cast it or forge it...

But I am not doing any of that..
Every hose in my system with a bend is less then 1 inch.. My intake, and rad hose are polished aluminum as are all of my inter cooler pluming, so I will only need straight couplers in large sizes like 2" and 3" inches and do not need more then a 1/4 wall pipe to use as a Mandrel to pull them....

here is my ej25 so far
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by toomuchstuff; 12-19-2010 at 09:45 AM.
toomuchstuff is offline   Reply With Quote