I had the day off work and was able to get a couple of things done.
First off, I had the backside of the fuel tank welded up and some tabs mounted.
With a set of brackets made, the fuel tank now fits perfectly in the available trunk space.
I also got the engine back to my garage after having all the exhaust all tig welded up. I added a flex joint in-between the two wastegates to aid in installation.
Overview shot of the engine...almost ready to go, just a few more things to do.
Some of you might know, but I have a special 2-speed transmission in this car. In addition, the placement of the header and turbo make it virtually impossible to pass a shift bar through to the transmission. Therefore I have converted to a cable shift set-up. Here is my new shifter I built today.
I will need to have a pair of small spacers made tomorrow at the machine shop to correctly position the hem joint, but the functionality works. Here is a short video of the motion.
Finally, I started working on the placement of the pedal assembly.
More to come...