scotheocelot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 254768
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi Sedan
SWP

UPDATE!
Ok fello members. As promised, here is an update now that my STI finally came in. Weather has been cold here so I will continue to update once I figure out which way I want to go for the wiring since our USDM harness does not appear to have the two wire connection for direct plug and play. Anyways, on to the pictures:

First step is to remove the rear bumper. Its similar to the front in that you remove (6) plastic tabs from the bottom and (2) push button tabs in the wheel well. Then its simply pulling the sides away from the body and lifting up and out to pull the center part of the bumper away from the body.
Next, remove the plastic center piece. It is held inside with simple tabs that you simply push down and push out on the center piece.
Take the center piece and cut out the center section. Make a note to leave some material there so it will rub against the new fog light replacing the center plastic part:

Now take the (2) metal tabs that came in the kit and place them on the back of the fog light:

From behind the bumper, slide the rear fog light in the stock location (plastic backing is factory) and reinstall the plastic panels you cut in the previous step. Also install the light and harness into the rear fog assembly.

Now going back to your car, locate the plug on the lower side near the driver's rear taillight.

Remove the plug and replace it with the supplied harness in the rear fog kit.

Looking inside behind the carpet, the plug will be as it is in the JDM STI. This is where we will later tie into either the front fog light wiring or put our own swith under the dash to activate it. For now I will leave it alone as its 20* outside.

Finally, reinstall the rear bumper by first putting the center section in first and work your way to the outside. The bumper snaps in place. Replace the plastic tabs under the bumper and the (2) tabs in the wheel well.
Step back, snap a picture and have a beer.

Hope this helps out the DIY's.

-Scott
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scotheocelot is offline   Reply With Quote