Highest baseline wheel TQ when stock: 226

Car Info
Year: 2011
Injectors: DW 850cc
Intake/Inlet: Cosworth air intake kit
Downpipe: Invidia catted
CBE: Borla
Other Power Mods: walbro pump

Today we added injectors, a fuel pump, and the Cosworth air intake kit. Happily the intake did exactly what we hoped it would, which was to increase horsepower in the mid range and especially on the top end. The peak WHP only went up 19, but as you can see in the following graph, the gain near redline was massive for such an inexpensive modification. I put boost on the graphs so you can see that the change isn't from simply cranking the boost up.

The fuel mods got us back down to a safe maximum injector duty cycle, with room to grow for the future. I'm hitting at max of about 68-70% duty cycle now.
Great results and great comparison. I really wish more owners/shops would do a baseline run (and really as many pulls along the way as possible). It really helps other people see the actual gains that most mods will do.

The intake/injectors really added quite a bit of power up top. I'm curious if this was all because of the intake, or maybe the injectors were topping out with the old tune? Either way it looks like a nice result.

The tune you put on S mode looks good too. Very, very flat torque curve. Should be great for around town. I do wish my WRX had the capability to swap maps as easily as the STI's. Would be a very handy feature.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by xluben; 01-04-2011 at 09:57 AM.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote